Level 1 (trickle) charging typically takes 15 hours to fully charge an EV. That means that owners may need to charge during peak usage times or feel compelled to ‘top off’ using public charging stations to avoid range anxiety — expensive alternatives! But what if you could get a Level 2 charger installed at no charge when we install solar for your home?
Level 1 Chargers
These typically come with your car and are able to be used with your home electric outlets.
- Easily adaptable, use with a standard 110 outlet
- Easy to transport to allow remote charging
- Typical charging time for full charge is 15 hours
- Most basic charge system with no interface
- No ability to select charge cycle to avoid top peak usage